Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The healing power of reiki findings

I recently started reading "The Healing Power of Reiki" by Raven Keyes, well actually, listening to via audio book.  It's lovely being with the actual voice of Raven Keyes.  Her book has inspired me in many ways so far.  I sometimes lose faith in my beliefs when being questioned by someone that mainly moves from their mind space rather than their heart space, and was having a hard time putting to words what reiki is until I read her book.   Reiki is an ancient form of energy healing from Japan, which came from Dr. Mikao Usui in the early 1900s.  It is passed down through symbols during a reiki attunement.  It is only found to be successful when exchanged for money or some gift of love. It is loving kindness energy, and like love is hard to put words to.  It's a feeling that has to be experienced.  In my experience, reiki allows me to move into a deep relaxation state and I feel the energy and therapeutic heat move through my body from the hands of the practitioner.   I don't think anyone can argue that a deep relaxation state is highly healing, as well as a gentle loving touch.   She also reminded me that during times of natural disasters is when reiki is most needed, like during her heartbreaking services on ground zero after the buildings collapsed in 911.  She was literally keeping the service men and women alive by rejuvenating their energy through reiki energy healing aka loving kindness.  I found it interesting and helpful to know that geranium oil is used for trauma healing and release of bad memories.    I'm also saddened to hear that many that witnessed 911 or worked during/after are still experiencing PTSD.  I had already been using it for menopausal symptoms and was ecstatic to hear about the help with PTSD too.  She also practices reiki in the operating room in NYC (thanks to Dr. Mehmet Oz) to increase the success chances of surgery, while decreasing the risks and pain during and post.  I'm truly honored and blessed to be a Reiki Master and absolutely cannot wait for my Medical Reiki training this weekend!  I believe the universe is moving me away from the current narcissistic, instagram, fancy pose, public yoga studios and into the meditation and energy healing world, and for that I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment