Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Yoga for Auto-Immunity, Health and Wellness

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease 2 years ago after having a rapid heart rate, inability to handle stress, depression, tiredness, mood swings, deliriums, insomnia, hot flashes and weight loss.   I was in a job that I hated, was being treated terribly and it triggered some past trauma.   I had also joined a boot camp and was eating eggs for breakfast every day.   Little did I know, I was allergic to eggs and my body couldn't handle that level of stress from a work out.  I'm a fast paced person naturally, so my work is slowing down and walking better suites me now.  I felt I had hit rock bottom, but things keep getting worse.  One major crisis after the next went on for at least another year.  I was in and out of jobs, lost many relationships, and my health was very slowly getting better, but I had lost my will to live and quite honestly lost faith in god and humanity.  Why is this happening to me?  Fast forward 2 years and the question is; why is this happening for me?  Since then, I've learned to listen to my body, ask for help, pursue my dreams (as scary as that is), learn to set boundaries, clean up my environment and choose who to surround myself with, and cleaned up my diet and drinking.  I'm still working on the self-love thing.   I've learned that I'm meant to help others that are suffering from auto-immune disease or health issues in general.  Here's what I can provide;

  • A non-judgemental safe space
  • Deep listening
  • Unconditional love
  • Therapeutic yoga postures to relieve pain and decrease inflammation
  • Breath work to calm the nervous system
  • Guided meditation to rediscover who you are
  • Reiki energy healing
  • Help you find the answers you already have inside
  • Teach you to slow down
  • Encourage you to receive and practice self-love
  • Your pain will never be too much for me to bear
  • Auto-immune/Anti-inflammatory nutrition recommendations
I'm so grateful for my yoga practice which has saved my life over and over again.  My teachers; Gioconda, Jenn Wooten, and Angie Knight for helping me re-discover my true self and providing unconditional love and support.  My loving and supportive husband Scott Howell.   My soul sister Phoebe Polkavich for always being there, always understanding, and never giving up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment